Recycling Boxes Arrive in school!
The School Council is up and running at Lickhill this academic year.
A School Council is a group of pupils elected by their fellow pupils to represent their opinions and raise issues with the headteacher and governors in the school.
The School Council can also get involved with projects on behalf of the pupils, be involved in the planning and help to make things happen at school.
The School Council will…
- Represent all pupils and include as many people as possible
- Take time to listen to all pupils and communicate their views
- Feedback to pupils about what happened about their views
- Make things happen – or explain why they can’t!
The dedicated team meet regularly, twice a month when possible, to discuss current issues alongside Ms Harcup.
Some of the activities the council team have been involved with this year include:
- Continuing to organise and monitor recycling bins in every classroom;
- Carrying out a survey of children’s opinions;
- Working with the Sports Council to promote the school’s healthy eating campaign:
- Working alongside teachers to promote high expectations of behaviour in corridors and the playground;
- Creating suggestion boxes for each classroom;
- Discussing ideas for how to improve the school environment;
- Meeting with teachers to discuss issues that the pupils in school have raised